YukonSoft considers the privacy of its clients to be
of utmost importance and works to protect it.
visitor to our website
- what kinds of information we may gather about
- how we may use that information
- whether we disclose it to anyone, and
- the choices you have regarding our use of, and your
ability to correct, the information
YukonSoft 's policies and procedures for handling
customer information have been created with the understanding that Internet
technologies are still evolving and that Internet business methods are
continuing to evolve to meet the needs and opportunities of the changing
technologies. As a result, YukonSoft 's policies and procedures are
subject to change.
TYPES OF INFORMATION
- In the course of serving its customers, YukonSoft
acquires, stores and transmits customer communications and information that
customers may regard as private or sensitive.
- Some of this information - such as the customer's
name, address, telephone number, and credit card data - is provided to
YukonSoft by its customers in order to establish service.
- Other information - such as the customer's account
status, choice of services, and customer logs - is created and maintained
by YukonSoft in the normal course of providing service.
- In addition, YukonSoft may store customers'
electronic mail and other communications as a necessary incident to the
transmission and delivery of those communications.
- Any information that personally identifies you or allows
us to contact you.
- It includes, without limitation, your full name, your
e-mail address, your home address, or your telephone number.
- This information is ordinarily used to individualize
your experience on our website, communicate separately with you, facilitate
your movements throughout our website, and to be able to selectively send
you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or
- Generally, you can visit our website without revealing
any Personal Information about yourself.
- The personal information collected from Customers during
the registration process is used to manage each Customer's account
(such as for billing purposes).
- This information is not shared with third parties,
unless specifically stated otherwise or in special
- We collect certain Aggregate information, such as
tracking the Internet address of the domains from which you visit our site
and analyzing this data for trends and statistics, tracking your IP address
(the number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you are
using the Web), and tracking your browser type.
- We use this Aggregate information to help diagnose
problems with our servers, to administer our site, and to gather broad
- None of this information is connected with your Personal
- YukonSoft may also generate non-identifying and
aggregate profiles from personal information Members provide during
registration (such as the total number, but not the names, of
Use of IP Addresses
- An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned
to your computer whenever you're surfing the Internet.
- Web servers automatically identify your computer by its
- YukonSoft and/or its affiliates may collect IP
addresses for the purposes of system administration, to report aggregated
information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our
- When Customers request pages from our website, our
servers log the requesting Customers' IP addresses.
- We normally will not link IP addresses to anything
personally identifiable, which means that Customers' sessions will be
logged, but Customer identity remains anonymous to us.
- We can and will use IP addresses to identify a Customer
when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our rules or terms
of service or to protect our service, website, or any person, or where it
is otherwise permitted by law.
Responses to e-Mail Inquiries
- When Visitors or Customers send e-mail inquiries to
YukonSoft Equipment, the return e-mail address is used to answer the e-mail
inquiry we receive. YukonSoft does not use the return e-mail address
for any other purpose and does not share the return e-mail address with any
Voluntary Customer Surveys
- We may periodically conduct both business and individual
- We encourage our customers to participate in these
surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us to
improve the types of services we offer and how we provide them to
- Your personal information and responses will remain
strictly confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third
- Participation in our customer surveys is
"Cookies" and How YukonSoft Uses
- A "cookie" is a small data file that can be
placed on your hard drive when you visit certain websites.
sometimes track information for statistical purposes to improve the
products and services we provide and to manage our telecommunications
- These cookies do not enable third parties to access any
of your customer information.
- Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. If
cookies are being sent. However, it is possible that some parts of the site
will not function if you do so.
- Advertisers and partners may also use their own cookies.
We do not control use of these cookies and expressly disclaim
responsibility for information collected through them.
Links to Other Sites
- YukonSoft is not responsible for the content or
the privacy policies of websites to which it may link and our privacy
policy does not apply to websites to which we may link.
- These other sites may send their own cookies to users,
collect data, or solicit personal information. These other sites are not
responsible for the privacy policies for these other sites, nor for the use
of any information that these sites may collect.
- Please keep in mind that whenever you give out
Information online (for example, via message boards or chat lines), that
Information can be collected and used by people you don't
- While YukonSoft and its affiliates strive to
protect their Customers' Information and privacy, we cannot guarantee
the security of any Information you disclose online and so you disclose
such Information at your own risk.
- YukonSoft is committed to taking reasonable
measures to protect your Personal Information from theft, misuse and
- Although YukonSoft 's security efforts are
consistent with industry practices, complete privacy, confidentiality, and
security are not yet possible over the Internet.
- The Customer agrees that since the Internet is not a
fully secure medium for the communication of information, and since privacy
and confidentiality cannot be guaranteed, use of YukonSoft 's services
may cause the Customer's information to be accessed by, or disclosed
to, other persons.
- Therefore, the Customer agrees that YukonSoft
shall not be responsible or liable for any damage that the Customer, or any
other person, may suffer in connection with the communication of private,
confidential, or sensitive information using YukonSoft 's
- While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and
security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security
measures will prevent third-party "hackers" from illegally
obtaining the Customer's information.
Use of Information
- YukonSoft does not make any client data available
to third parties.
- We do not sell lists, accept advertising, or generate
any third-party revenue from the data that is generated on this
- We do not share data from any client with other
- We take the information we receive from individuals
responding to our Customer Surveys and combine (or aggregate) it with the
responses of other YukonSoft customers to create broader, generic
responses to the survey questions (such as gender, age, residence, hobbies,
education, employment, industry sector, or other demographic information).
We then use the aggregated information to improve the quality of our
services to you, and to develop new services and products.
- This aggregated, non-personally identifying information
may be shared with third parties.
- However, YukonSoft may disclose personal
information about Visitors or Members, or information regarding your use of
the Services or websites accessible through our Services, for any reason
if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so,
including: to satisfy laws, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy
Act, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information;
to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring
legal action against someone who may be violating our Acceptable Use Policy
or other user policies; to operate the Services properly; or to protect
YukonSoft and our Members.
- YukonSoft may disclose or access account
Information for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to
maintain, service, and improve our products and services.
- YukonSoft disclaims any intention to censor, edit
or engage in ongoing review or surveillance of communications stored on or
transmitted through its facilities by customers or others. YukonSoft
will, however, review, delete or block access to communications that may
harm YukonSoft Equipment, its customers or third parties. The grounds on
which YukonSoft may take such action include, but are not limited to,
actual or potential violations of YukonSoft 's Acceptable Use
- Customers may not opt out of receiving information from
YukonSoft which is essential for maintaining or updating
customers' accounts or system information.
- Customers may access and modify their personal
information by using the Account Administration Control Panel.
- Domain name Customers who have registered a domain name
with YukonSoft and wish to change the Technical Contact from
YukonSoft to another company, may send a request to
firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to note that Customer domain
name registration information is made publicly available in the registry of
Where to Direct Questions About YukonSoft's
practices described herein, you may contact:
Yukon, PA 15698-0485
Revisions to This Policy
- YukonSoft reserves the right to revise, amend, or
modify this policy, our Internet Service Agreement and our other policies
and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision,
amendment, or modification will be posted in accordance with the Internet
YukonSoft's Commitment to Children's
- Protecting children's privacy is especially
important to us. It is our policy to comply with the Children's Online
Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and all other applicable laws.
- YukonSoft recommends that children ask a parent for
permission before sending personal information to YukonSoft Equipment, or
to anyone else online.